Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Develop Skills

So I really like traveling and helping people. But that's kind of a hard life style to maintain, especially financially. Or, it can be. A couple months ago I got my online TEFL certification to teach English as a foreign language! This makes it fairly easy to go almost anywhere in the world to teach English. There are very few countries who want a more formal training for their teachers, and these usually require past experience too. I'm not looking to be an English teacher for the rest of my life, but I did think it would be a helpful tool to have so that I can get jobs easier where ever I want to go. (Or in case I feel the need to just jump up and leave the country one day- I'll have a marketable skill in pretty much any non-English speaking country!)And even if I never actually end up teaching anywhere, I still learned a lot about my own language and how to work with different cultures! I've been able to develop skills which not only took up time (better spent on this than watching TV or something!), but it can help me get jobs, etc. in the future. Developing skills beyond knowing how to post things on social media can be very rewarding.

If you are interested in getting certified to teach English, you can check out the online programs here:

teflonline.com

I got the Master Diploma. It was a 120 hour course and I learned a lot. It makes me feel good to look at my certificate, and it has already helped me to open some doors (stay tuned for details on that later on!)

No comments:

Post a Comment